BBA Learning Programme
The BBA Learning Programme will provide you with a broad framework of knowledge and skills essential to progress along a career path as a knowledgeable worker, administrator and/or practitioner in management. It focuses on skills, knowledge, values and attitudes required in management.
The BBA Learning Programme allows you to work towards a nationally recognised whole qualification and is credit-bearing towards our Bachelor of Business Administration Degree, a registered qualification with the South African Qualifications Authority. It also allows for open access, bearing in mind the learning assumed in place, and you can enrol for full-time, part-time studies or recognition of prior learning, due to its flexibility.
The qualification has building blocks that can be developed further and will also lead to a more defined management career path at national second degree level.
Focus of Learning Programme
- Role of business communicator, researcher in the business environment, and ethical business practice
- Critical roles of the business manager
- Learning areas appropriate to the selected specialist field (Marketing Management; Human Resources Management; Public Management; Project Management).
The SAQA registered qualification ID is 59850 and titled: Bachelor of Business Administration.
Exit Level Outcomes for 480 Credits
The outcomes you have to achieve in this learning programme are ...
- Apply management principles in the business environment
- Communicate effectively in the business environment
- Survive and thrive in the new world of work
- Understand the economic environment that influences business managers
- Understand accounting and its application in the business management environment
- Understand business law and its implications for business management
- Understand financial management in the business management environment
- Understand labour law and its implications for business management
- Understand the concepts relating to research methodology and prepare a research proposal
Majors, aka Electives
- Understand and implement project management in the business environment, and
- Understand and implement human resources management in the business environment, or
- Understand and implement marketing management in the business environment, or
- Understand and implement public management in the business environment