EETDP Learning Programme
The EETDP Learning Programme will provide you with a broad framework of knowledge and skills essential to progress along a career path as a knowledgeable environmental education practitioner. It focuses on skills, knowledge, values and attitudes required in environment education.
The EETDP Learning Programme allows you to work towards a nationally recognised whole qualification and is credit-bearing towards the National Diploma in Environmental Education, Training and Development Practice, a registered qualification with the South African Qualifications Authority. Our EETDP Learning Programme also allows for open access, bearing in mind the learning assumed in place, and you can enrol for full-time, part-time studies or recognition of prior learning, due to its flexibility.
On completion of the EETDP Learning Programme you will be able to design, plan, implement, evaluate and improve on a variety of environmental learning programmes. You will be able to design new, original and innovative learning support materials to enrich the learning experience. People qualified at this level will make a meaningful contribution to environmental change through an educational response to environmental issues and risks in a range of contexts and workplaces. You may also be able to function as teachers' aides or environmental education specialists in formal education settings like schools.
Focus and Exit Level Outcomes for 245 Credits
The outcomes you have to achieve in this learning programme are ...
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental education goals, principles and methods and their appropriateness in different contexts
- Select, plan and adapt a contextually-relevant environmental learning programme
- Implement and evaluate an environmental learning programme
- Select, adapt and use existing environmental resource materials and develop own supplementary learning aids
- Network broadly in order to source information and support around a key environmental issue or risk
- Research and analyse an environmental issue in the light of principles of environmental justice and sustainability and recommend possible solutions
- Apply appropriate social protocols in the workplace and community
- Apply fundamental knowledge of environmental ethics to a field of work or study
- Demonstrate a general understanding of people-environment relationships and current environmental challenges
- Review a variety of approaches to learning, teaching and evaluation
- Identify and support learners with special needs.